Saturday, June 5, 2021
What a week! Beginning Tuesday morning we had YWAM young people with us at the trailer. If you are not familiar, YWAM is an acronym for Youth With A Mission and you can learn more about this group by clicking the links. There are 12-15 young people in Laurel working with the The Glory House and Restore Jones County. We had four or five hard working young people at the trailer Tuesday through Thursday. Their first day and part of the second was spent pulling the staples from the floors. The manufacturer of the double wide thought more was better when it came to stapling anything and everything to the floor. Our knees were very appreciative of the help! YWAMers also cleaned walls, removed tacks, nails, tape and screws from the walls and then began painting. By Thursday afternoon there were two coats of paint on the two back bedrooms. That means we may begin flooring next week. Max and Anne spent most of the week working on the drywall, priming walls and also sealing the flooring areas that were wet from the roof leaks. The master bed room and bath are looking much better. Thursday Robby took some of the young people to Mr. Jim’s home site to work on getting it ready for the double wide. They were able to get everything moved out and the fire department is scheduling the burning of what’s left of the old house. As soon as that is done, they can have the trailer moved to Mr. Jim’s land. He came to see the trailer Thursday afternoon and was so pleased. It was wonderful to see the big smile on his face!
Friday morning we were once again up at four and on the road by 4:40 back to Alabama. We had an actual closing scheduled for 10:00 am but were very doubtful that it would actually happen. They sent us documents to review Friday afternoon and we found several errors, some of which would make it a no-go to close. However, we were working and emailing as we made the drive – glad the company was a time zone ahead of us – and one by one they made the necessary corrections. By about 10:30, they had corrected everything and thankfully we had taken our printer back to Alabama. We printed out the corrections, and we were finally able to close out the sale of our house. We are now officially houseless, full-time RVers. After all the stress of this last week trying to make the closing happen, we are pretty exhausted. We have rested today, worked on chores and paperwork, filed address changes, and watched it rain. Maybe with one more good night of sleep we will begin to have our energy back. Thanks for everyone’s assistance, prayers and support though this process.