Wednesday, February 26, 2020
It was another very warm and beautiful day in the Keys. We led the team in an Ash Wednesday devotion today and talked about giving up things for lent or maybe following Pope Francis’ suggestions of trading one thing for another. You have probably already seen this, but reading it again might be helpful.
- Fast from hurting words and say kind words
- Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude
- Fast from anger and be filled with patience
- Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope
- Fast from worries and trust in God
- Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity
- Fast from pressures and be prayerful
- Fast from bitterness and fill your heart with joy
- Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others
- Fast from grudges and be reconciled
- Fast from words and be silent so you can listen
The team also attended Ash Wednesday services at the church tonight.
After devotion, Sue, Anne and Lisa went to Dennis’s house and sanded the bathroom drywall and then painted the walls and ceiling with primer. It is looking better. After lunch they cleaned things up and then went to the Atlantis house and began working on the drywall on the new wall and trimming the downstairs double door. Max and Mark headed back to Atlantis after devotion and completed the new wall construction. After building it as suggested, they felt the wall was not quite sturdy enough and after discussions with Jim got permission to beef up the wall. They then installed the drywall and got the wall ready for finishing. The guys went over to Dennis’s for the afternoon and installed the bathroom vanity drain and worked on the kitchen sink drain that has been giving problems. There is still work to be done for the kitchen sink and washing machine drains. The drains became clogged from 2 years of non-use. Anyway, progress is being made on both houses.